Some college courses are accepted towards meeting your renewal requirements. Examples included, but are not limited to, anatomy, biology, medical terminology, pharmacology, etc.
- One hour of college credit is equal to ten hours of continuing education. So, as an example, a three-hour Anatomy course would be worth thirty hours of continuing education.
- Not all course materials from a college course may be applied to your recertification
- College courses will not cover all of the needed topics and subtopics so other continuing education is needed to complete your recertification
- College courses are best used in the Local and/or Individual components
will need to review your course materials, (syllabus, handouts, textbook) to
see what is applicable to EMS, patient care related and within your scope of practice to be used towards your recertification.
- If you are enrolled in a higher level EMS course, nursing or medical school review the articles below for more information.
For More Information
Please Review the Articles Below: